Legend of Zelda - Shattered Hope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend of Zelda - Shattered Hope

Neverwinter Nights Legend of Zelda - Shattered Hope roleplaying server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check out the Development Team's new project @ www.nwtor.darkbb.com

Rupees Bug

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheJester

Rupees Bug Empty
PostSubject: Rupees Bug   Rupees Bug Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:00 am

Alright, first off, I had ten Rupees when I logged off the other day, and tonight when I logged on, (unfortunately I didn't look how many Rupees I had when I logged on!) I bought a wooden sword for 5 rupees and ended up with 0.

Second of all, I want to post these errors in chronological order, so I gotta go post the other one before I continue this. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheJester

Rupees Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rupees Bug   Rupees Bug Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:16 am

Okay, back to this bug. I had about 70 rupees from mass goblinoid murder at the Gates, so I took them down to the neighborhood shooting gallery and tried to buy a sling. I think I am just -now- starting to figure out how the rupee system works, but it is really confusing right now.

Anyway, I didn't want to lose all 70 rupees on the sling, so I split 5 of them off for the sling. I tried to buy the sling, it gave me a message saying I was the wrong race to equip it (Racist Shooting Gallery Bigot Guy!), took the 5 rupees, and gave me back 65 rupees (although it -did- give me the sling, and it equips fine, so the Bigot was wrong). I am assuming if I hadn't split the rupees up, it would have taken the entire 70 rupees and given me back 65, and that would have worked fine.

Anyway, continuing on, through playing the game several times, and buying deku nuts, using the same splitting rupees off method, I created several hundred rupees in my inventory. Each time it gave me back the amount that it SHOULD have been, if I hadn't split off the original stack of 70. I decided to see how far I could take the rupee madness, so I headed of to Ye Olde Bomb Shop, to buy a bomb bag for 80 of my hundreds of rupees. Basically I discovered that I didn't have enough rupees to buy the bomb bag, which I am assuming means all of those stacks of rupees that I got back from splitting my rupee stack and then buying stuff are counterfeit, and don't actually work, and I still had the original 70 rupees, minus the stuff I bought.

So all of that to say that I don't understand your rupee system, or what it means when it says to keep all but one stack of rupees in your wallet, but it seems to work fairly well in detecting counterfeit rupees. Suspect Laughing

Oh, and please do something about the Bigot Counterfeiting Shooting Gallery Guy. lol!

jocolor
Back to top Go down
dm_xrere
Admin
dm_xrere

Rupees Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rupees Bug   Rupees Bug Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:13 am

Alright. You found our rupee bug. xD I'm already aware of it's existance and you can ask pie... I spent around 4 hours (from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.) trying to fix it. Whenever I figure out how, I will. Our system is run by a campaign integer, not the rupees in their physical form. Meaning that when you exploit this it'll simply ignore the fake'ns and stick to the ones that are 'supposed' to be there. In other words... you still had your base 65 or so rupees when you tried to buy the 80 rupee bomb bag. I'm still trying to fix this, but I gaurentee it'll get done somewhere down the road. Bare with me, please! Smile
Back to top Go down
TheJester

Rupees Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rupees Bug   Rupees Bug Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:32 am

That's fine with me, I'm just still confused as to how the system actually works.
Back to top Go down
dm_xrere
Admin
dm_xrere

Rupees Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rupees Bug   Rupees Bug Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:44 am

Basically the item 'Rupee' is just for show. There's a stored number behind-the-scenes that is the real amount of rupees you currently have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rupees Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rupees Bug   Rupees Bug Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rupees Bug
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legend of Zelda - Shattered Hope :: Bug Reports-
Jump to: